My Guide Website?
From Whakatane: 1-Hour Volcanic Region Flight4 Reviews
Fly above New Zealand's breathtaking volcanic region and stunning local coastline. See Mount Tarawera, Waimangu Volcanic Valley, the Rotorua Lakes District, Mount Putauaki, the Matahina Hydroelectric Dam, and Ohope Beach from a bird's-eye view.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at New Zealand’s beautiful landscape from above
- Fly over volcanic landscape and thermal valleys
- Enjoy a window seat for unobstructed viewing below
- Listen to informative commentary from your local guide
DescriptionDeparting from Whakatane Airport, experience the thrill of your 1-hour flight's take-off, before climbing above the local coastline with views of Moutohora Island. Fly towards the hidden lakes district and to the volcanic peaks of Mount Tarawera. Learn about New Zealand's largest historic volcanic eruption as you fly inland, towards Rotorua to the country's breathtaking volcanic region. Enjoy a spectacular view of the 2.5-kilometer-long Mount Tarawera crater onboard this scenic flight. Also see Waimangu Thermal Valley, the Rotorua Lakes District, Mount Putauaki, Matahina Hydroelectric, Dam and Ohope Beach.
IncludesGreeting and trip overview prior to departure Pilot In-flight commentary Guaranteed window seat
- Flights are subject to favorable weather conditions. If the tour is canceled due to the weather conditions you will be offered a full refund or rescheduled tour
- The date and time of your trip may be different from the one requested. The local partner will confirm your exact tour details by email after booking
- Minimum numbers of 2 adult fares apply
- Your flight may be rescheduled in the rare case that the combined weights of all passengers reach the maximum safety limit