My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Geothermal Valley Shore Excursion - Tauranga Port13 Reviews
Discover the geothermal wonders of Rotorua on a shore excursion from Tauranga. Marvel at the geysers, steam vents, and hot pools of the landscape, and watch a Maori cultural performance.
- Visit a living Maori village
- Experience the Pohutu Geyser in Rotorua
- Learn about the Maori culture with a Maori guide in the Whakarewarewa valley
- See the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere
- Walk under the fruit trees of a kiwi fruit orchard, and sample different fruit
DescriptionBenefit from pickup at Tauranga port, and take a scenic drive around Mount Maunganui to take in the sights. Enjoy beautiful views of the lakes and forests, along with the first hints of geothermal activity. Arrive at a Maori village in Rotorua, and get a warm welcome from a local guide. Experience the Maori way of life and learn how they use the natural resources to cook, bathe, and heat their homes. View the geothermal wonders of the Whakarewarewa valley, and watch an amazing cultural performance. Take a leisurely drive along the lakefront, and stop to admire the giant redwood trees in the forest. Learn about the silver fern and its relevance as a symbol of New Zealand. Next, visit a working kiwi fruit orchard to learn how it became established in New Zealand. Taste different varieties and discover numerous products made from the fruit.
IncludesCruise port pickup and drop-off Transportation Driver/guide Entry and cultural performance at a living Maori village Visit to a working kiwi fruit orchard
- Casual clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended
- All tickets are pre-booked with no sales on the day to avoid waiting times
- This is a small group shore excursion