My Guide Website?
Rotorua Lake: Deluxe Lake Spa Geothermal Hot Spring Bathing23 Reviews
Disconnect from the world with five mineral hot pools overlooking Lake Rotorua. Embrace the surrounding New Zealand flora and nature while unwinding in the therapeutic waters. Try out the cold plunge pool and lounge on the geothermal recliners.
- Enjoy beautiful views of Lake Rotorua from a series of mineral hot pools
- Take advantage of full spa access with hot and cold pools, and geothermally heated poolside recliners
- Premium changing facilities with basics provided
- Large indoor relaxation lounge
DescriptionRelax and unwind at Rotorua’s Polynesian Spa – a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat. Geothermal waters nourish the skin and relieve tired muscles and aches and pains, while decadent therapies rejuvenate through ancient and modern techniques. Combined with the healthy café, Polynesian Spa restores the body inside and out. This ticket provides access to the premium bathing area, the Deluxe Lake Spa, which includes a range of mineral rock pools at various temperatures. Using both alkaline and acidic mineral springs, the Deluxe Lake Spa is the ultimate geothermal bathing experience. The therapeutic waters at Polynesian Spa come from two different natural springs. The Priest Spring is named after Father Mahoney, a Catholic Priest who was 'cured' of his crippling arthritis from bathing in the waters in 1878. The slightly acidic water from the Priest Spring relieves tired muscles and aches and pains. The Rachel Spring is a source of alkaline water, which features the antiseptic action of sodium silicate nourishing the skin. It was historically said that those who bathe in the waters of the Rachel Spring are blessed with ageless beauty. The combination of these two types of mineral waters is only found at Polynesian Spa. This spa was built on the site of historic bath houses that first made the city world-famous in the 1800s. At Polynesian Spa, elements of early buildings and baths have been carefully retained and the site is registered by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.
Includes4 shallow alkaline mineral hot pools (Rachel Spring) 1 slightly acidic mineral hot pool (Priest Spring) Hot pools with water between 36 and 41 degrees Cold plunge pool for hot-cold hydrotherapy to detoxify Geothermally heated poolside recliners Large indoor relaxation lounge Premium changing facilities with towels, secure lockers, soap, shampoo and hairdryers provided Free entry for infants and children under 2 years of age
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not suitable for wheelchair access
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This activity has a maximum capacity of 50 people
- Adult swimming gear can be hired or purchased at the Spa Essentials Shop
- Please consult your medical practitioner in the case of pregnancy
- Please consult your medical practitioner in the case of heart complaints or other serious medical conditions