From Auckland: Hobbiton & Rotorua Tour with Lunch at Te Puia
Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set and Rotorua on a small-group day tour. Discover an official 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton, enjoy lunch and have time to explore Te Puia in Rotorua. This tour can be round-trip from Auckland or you can finish in Rotorua.
Are you a business owner in Rotorua?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Rotorua.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Head through the Waikato region with a friendly, experienced guide and admire the beauty of the Hauraki Plains
- Discover Hobbiton Movie Set on a 2-hour official tour to see famous landmarks from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films
- Savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Discover fascinating geothermal activity in the Te Whakarewarewa Valley
- Gain insight into the region’s traditional Maori arts and enjoy a traditional Maori hangi lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua
- Benefit from local guides and the personalized service of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy the magic of Middle Earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set and delight in Maori culture at Te Puia Maori Village in Rotorua on a day tour from Auckland. Travel in comfort with a small group and an experienced local guide in a late-model Mercedes or a similarly configured the vehicle to provide extra leg room and space for your comfort. After the pick-up from your hotel, journey through gorgeous Waikato scenery to Hobbiton. On arrival, set off on an official 2-hour guided tour through the picturesque twelve-acre site. Learn fascinating details of how a beautiful piece of Waikato farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-Earth. At the end of your tour, savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Climb back into the vehicle for the 55-minute drive to Rotorua. Arrive at Te Puia Maori Village where you will have a freshly prepared hangi lunch featuring traditional Maori food. With plenty of time to explore, discover the Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs, silica formations, and the iconic Kiwi bird. Visit the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving. Then explore Rotorua, visiting the lakefront and the government gardens, before the return journey to Auckland. You can opt for drop off in Rotorua, just select this option when booking.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from central Auckland accommodation
Transport in a small air-conditioned coach
Live commentary in English
Entry and 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
Entry and lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua
Buffet lunch at Te Puia (from 1st October)
Morning and afternoon tea - available to purchase
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing, sensible footwear, and come prepared as there is a reasonable amount of walking on uneven ground and New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the day
- Morning or afternoon tea can be purchased on the day at your own expense
- You can choose to travel one way from Auckland and be dropped off in Rotorua, please select this option when booking
- Lunch is buffet style
- The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour requires reasonable mobility, please advise when booking you have any mobility issues
- Shuttle pick-ups from outside Auckland city center can be arranged on request for an additional charge
- This tour is not suitable for children 2 years and under
- Pickup and drop-off is available from all accommodation in central Auckland. Please advise where you are staying
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Hells Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Bath and SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it has done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand's most unique geothermal experience.From NZ$25
Orakei Korako Cave and Thermal ParkTaupo, Rotorua
Explore one of nature's most spectacular geothermal parks, with , geysers, hot springs and pools, lush flora and fauna, amazing silica terraces and a rare geothermal cave...From NZ$39
Tamaki Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Award-winning cultural attraction in Rotorua. See how the Maori live and take part in authentic rituals before enjoying a traditional Maori feast...From NZ$130
Te PuiaRotorua Central, Rotorua
Te Puia features a spectacular geothermal valley and Maori cultural centre, just south of Rotorua. The unique attraction is aducational, interactive, and full of natural ...From NZ$56
Taupo Tandem SkydivingTaupo, Rotorua
Tick a skydive off your bucket list with Taupo Tandem Skydiving! Experience the surreal sensation of freefall as you fly above stunning Lake Taupo with views of snow-capped volcanoes and The Tongariro National Park.From NZ$199.00
Waimangu Volcanic ValleyRotorua Central, Rotorua
Home to the now hidden Pink and White Terraces, the eighth natural wonder of the world, Waimangu immerses visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.From NZ$42
Skyline RotoruaRotorua Central, Rotorua
An iconic fixture of the local landscape, offering amazing gondola rides up the side of Mount Ngongotaha, luge rides, SkySwing and SkyVue cinema. Great for all the family...
Mitai Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Experience an entertaining and educational evening learning about Maori culture and tradition at the Mitai Maori Village...From NZ$118
Polynesian SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
World-renowned day spa in central Rotorua, the Polynesian Spa caters for everybody and the 'healing' properties of the waters here are well-known.............From NZ$10
Kaituna River Rafting Grade 5
This trip includes the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. It is fast and furious – the adrenaline keeps on pumping through the foam and over the awesom7 ReviewsFrom NZ$105.00