Hot Pools Kayak & Evening Barbecue
Enjoy a guided kayak trip to the spectacular Manupirua Springs Hot Pools on Lake Rotoiti. This amazing spot, situated right on the lake edge is only accessible by boat. Feast on an appetizing Kiwi barbecue followed by a sunset paddle to a glow-worm cave.
Are you a business owner in Rotorua?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Rotorua.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Paddle across scenic Lake Rotoiti to a range of hot pools
- Take a relaxing soak in the lake
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset and visit the glow-worm caves
- Eat a tasty Kiwi barbecue dinner
DescriptionOn arrival at the base you'll be kitted up with paddling gear. After a short transfer, there will be a paddle safety briefing before paddling across the scenic Lake Rotoiti to the amazing Manupirua Springs, which is only accessible by boat. During the paddle your guide will tell you some of the area's history and discuss local Maori legends. Situated right on the lake edge there are a range of hot pools of varying temperatures, all fed from a natural hot spring. There is plenty of free time to swim in the lake or enjoy a leisurely soak in the hot pools while your guide cooks an appetising Kiwi barbecue dinner. After dinner, enjoy a sunset paddle across the lake and a visit to the glow-worm caves.
IncludesComplimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (30 minutes before the trip) Full training and all required specialist equipment Barbecue dinner Swimsuit and towel
- Minimum age - 3 years old. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult capable of paddling a double kayak without assistance
- Recommended maximum weight limit 125 kilograms
- Paddling time around 2 hours (approximately 1 hour each way). Allow 6 to 6.5 hours (around 7 hours including transfers)
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to safety issues, weather, wind or road conditions, or insufficient numbers
- Available November to April
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Orakei Korako Cave and Thermal ParkTaupo, Rotorua
Explore one of nature's most spectacular geothermal parks, with , geysers, hot springs and pools, lush flora and fauna, amazing silica terraces and a rare geothermal cave...From NZ$39
Hells Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Bath and SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it has done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand's most unique geothermal experience.From NZ$25
Tamaki Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Award-winning cultural attraction in Rotorua. See how the Maori live and take part in authentic rituals before enjoying a traditional Maori feast...From NZ$130
Te PuiaRotorua Central, Rotorua
Te Puia features a spectacular geothermal valley and Maori cultural centre, just south of Rotorua. The unique attraction is aducational, interactive, and full of natural ...From NZ$56
Taupo Tandem SkydivingTaupo, Rotorua
Tick a skydive off your bucket list with Taupo Tandem Skydiving! Experience the surreal sensation of freefall as you fly above stunning Lake Taupo with views of snow-capped volcanoes and The Tongariro National Park.From NZ$199.00
Waimangu Volcanic ValleyRotorua Central, Rotorua
Home to the now hidden Pink and White Terraces, the eighth natural wonder of the world, Waimangu immerses visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.From NZ$42
Mitai Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Experience an entertaining and educational evening learning about Maori culture and tradition at the Mitai Maori Village...From NZ$118
Skyline RotoruaRotorua Central, Rotorua
An iconic fixture of the local landscape, offering amazing gondola rides up the side of Mount Ngongotaha, luge rides, SkySwing and SkyVue cinema. Great for all the family...
Polynesian SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
World-renowned day spa in central Rotorua, the Polynesian Spa caters for everybody and the 'healing' properties of the waters here are well-known.............From NZ$10
Auckland to Rotorua Small Group Tour
Immerse yourself in the incredible natural landscapes of New Zealand on this full day tour from Auckland to the geothermal wonderland and adventure playground of Rotorua.From NZ$199.00