My Guide Website?
From Rotorua: Wai-O-Tapu, Waimangu and Te Puia Full-Day Tour31 Reviews
Discover Rotorua's best geothermal and cultural sites on a small group tour. Experience it all, erupting geysers, huge colourful hot springs, boiling mud, kiwi birds, Maori culture, volcanoes, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Visit Te Puia, New Zealand's leading Maori Arts and Crafts Institution
- Get up close and experience the Lady Knox and Pohutu Geyser daily eruptions
- Explore the beautiful lakes in the area such as the famous Blue and Green Lakes
- See it all in one day on an organised small group guided tour
DescriptionGet picked up from your Rotorua accommodation between 8AM and 8:30 AM. Commentated scenic drive to Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland for 1hr guided walk. See colourful hot springs, boiling mud, volcanic landscapes and experience the daily eruption of Lady Knox Geyser playing at 10:15 AM. Visit Waimangu Volcanic Valley to learn about the 1886 Mt Tarawera eruption on a 1hr guided walk. Relax at the Waimangu Volcanic Valley Cafe for lunch at 12:00 PM. In the afternoon, enjoy a guided tour through Rotorua premiere cultural attraction Te Puia. Learn about Maori culture and history visiting the woodcarving school, arts and crafts gallery, Rotowhio Marae, weaving display, kiwi house, and experience the Pohutu Geyser playing. Finish your day with a scenic visit to the pristine and tranquil lakes of this amazing volcanic region. Blue and Green Lakes lookout and views over Lake Tarawera and volcano. Get dropped back to your accommodation between 4:00 PM to 4:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation Driver-guide Live commentary Wai-O-Tapu admission and Lady Knox Geyser Waimangu Thermal Valley admission Te Puia admissions
- A medium level of fitness is required for this activity as you will be walking around the geothermal and cultural parks
- This activity is capped at 11 guests for a personal experience and is led by a knowledgeable guide