Best Shopping in Rotorua
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Rotorua team
Our guide to Rotorua shopping offers you some retail inspiration when you visit. Rotorua is a compact town that's easy to get around on foot to browse the shops. The Central Mall on Amohau Street is the main retail centre which is home to the larger national chain stores and includes an indoor food court. As one of the most popular tourist destinations in New Zealand, there's no shortage of gift shops including specialist Jade jewellery. You'll find a number of shops located between Tutanekai and Hinemoa streets.
For local crafts, there is the Lakes Craft Market that's held at the city’s Arts Village, just off Hinemaru Street. Rotorua shopping is also well suited for market-lovers with a choice of weekly markets and a night market on Thursdays.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience