My Guide Website?
From Rotorua: Wai O Tapu & Waimangu Eco Thermal Morning Tour95 Reviews
Experience a small group guided tour to Waiotapu Thermal Wonderland and the Waimangu Volcanic Rift Valley. Discover natural hot springs, geysers, boiling mud pools, volcanoes, native forests, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Explore Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Marvel at Rotorua's rare and incredible volcanic and geothermal sights
- Make the most of your morning with an organised half-day tour
- Enjoy a more relaxed, personal experience on a small group tour
- See the Champagne pool, boiling mud, Lady Knox geyser, Frying pan lake and more
DescriptionDiscover Rotorua’s most natural and popular geothermal parks: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Join a small-group morning tour for a more personal experience led by a local knowledgeable guide. You will be picked up from your Rotorua city accommodation between 8AM and 8:30 AM. Enjoy a scenic drive through forestry and farmland before arriving at New Zealand's largest boiling mud pool. Explore Waiotapu's amazing colourful hot-springs and thermal landscape on a 1hr guided walk then experience the dancing Lady Knox geyser eruption at 10.15am. Your next stop will be the Waimangu Volcanic Rift Valley. Your guide will explain the 1886 Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular regenerated bush-covered geothermal park. 1hr guided walk around huge active hot-springs and thermal features. Pause at the Waimangu Volcanic Valley Cafe for lunch at 12:00 PM before being dropped back to your accommodation/city between 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop off Transport Driver/guide Live Commentary Waimangu Thermal Valley admission fee
- A medium level of fitness is required for this activity as you will be walking around the geothermal parks