My Guide Website?
Hells Gate Mud Bath and Sulphur Spa Experience141 Reviews
The healing properties of Hells Gate mud and sulphur mineral water have been used by local Māori for over 800 years. Open and clean your skin by lathering it in a unique type of mud, before exfoliating and cleansing with a soak in the sulphur spa.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Relax with a mud bath and sulfur spa at Rotorua's most active thermal park
- Enjoy views of the famous Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve
- Cool off in a fresh spring waterfall
DescriptionEnjoy a therapeutic mud bath and sulfur spa at Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve, located just a 15-minute drive from central Rotorua. A round-trip shuttle service option from Rotorua is also available. Soak in the thermal mud and acidic, sulfurous waters as the local Maori have done for over 800 years. Apply the natural geothermal mud to your skin while relaxing in the warm sulfurous waters for 20 minutes. Follow the mud spa with a cool shower before relaxing in the hot sulfur mineral spa. The warm geothermal mud opens and cleans the skin’s pores, and the sulfur spa provides a gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing.
IncludesMud baths Sulphur spas Complimentary Cool plunge pool
- The mud bath has a time limit of 20 minutes once a day for health and safety reasons
- The minimum age for the mud baths is 2.5 years of age, whereas for the sulfur spa it is 6 months
- The chemical makeup of the mud and water will tarnish most jewelry, particularly silver, it is recommended to remove it and wait 24 to 48 hours to put it back on
- Your swimwear and towels will have a sulfur smell to them after your experience and will need to be cleaned thoroughly.
- Changing rooms, shower facilities, and disabled facilities are available on site