My Guide Website?
Rangitaiki Rafting Grade 25 Reviews
The Rangitaiki River features spectacular scenery including cascading waterfalls tumbling into the river, beautiful forest views and sheer rock gorges clad in native bush. The gentle rolling rapids never go above grade 2, making this a great family trip.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Drink from natural springs coming straight out of the rocks
- Float down some of the smaller rapids without the raft
- Experience stunning scenery along the river
- Enjoy a great family trip on gentle rapids
DescriptionThe trip starts at the base of the spectacular Aniwhenua Falls, a beautiful waterfall framed by sheer rock walls. The more adventurous can start their trip by jumping into the river from a series of jump-off points at various heights. For the less adventurous, you can make your way down the rocks to the waters edge by foot. This is just the start of the amazing New Zealand scenery on offer, with several other waterfalls & spectacular forests on display along the 1.5 hour trip down the river. There is even an opportunity to stop and have a shower under a beautiful veil waterfall. The rapids are gentle, rolling rapids with very few rocks to avoid, making this a great trip for families or those looking to relax and enjoy the scenery. Have a turn at trying to guide the raft or just relax and enjoy the view.
IncludesAll required specialist equipment Light lunch Complimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (approximately 1 hour before trip time)
- Minimum age - 5 years old. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended minimum weight limit 20 kilograms, maximum 125 kilograms
- Timings: - Time on water 1.5 hours, allow 4 hours (excluding travel time) - Travel time from Rotorua 45 minutes, from Taupo 1 hour - Start time - 11.30 AM
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to safety issues, weather, river or road conditions, or insufficient numbers