My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Explore The Lakes Half-Day Morning Tour6 Reviews
Tour Rotorua's lake district to visit large natural springs, hidden caves, and awesome views over Rotorua, Rotoiti, Blue and Green Lakes, and Lake Tarawera. Enjoy a relaxing half-day exploring nature.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Spend a morning in nature exploring Rotorua's lovely lakes on a half-day tour
- Take a stroll amongst towering native redwood trees and visit Hamurana Springs
- Feel nature's power as water gushes at Okere and Tutea Falls on Kaituna River
- Snap amazing photos of picturesque Blue Lake and Green Lake sitting side by side
- Enjoy great views of Mount Tarawera and Lake Tarawera on the return to Rotorua
DescriptionImmerse yourself in New Zealand's natural beauty on a morning tour from Rotorua to the lake district. See Hamurana Springs, Kaiutuna River, Okere and Tutea waterfalls, and explore a cave. Get great photos of the Green and Blue Lake and mighty Mount Tarawera on this half-day tour. Begin your day discovering the beauty of New Zealand's North Island with a visit to Hamurana Springs. Here, enjoy a walk to the largest freshwater spring on the island where 4.5 million liters per hour of crystal clear waters are laced with shades of turquoise, jade, and emerald in a tranquil setting of towering Redwood trees. Your next stop is the Kaituna River for a walk through the Native New Zealand forest with scenic lookouts overlooking the river. See the flowing waters of Okere Falls and Tutea Falls before descending Hinemoa's steps to the caves to experience the awesome power of nature. Continue your half-day tour toward the site of NZ's most recent volcanic eruption at Tarawera. Take in the stunning views of the Blue and Green Lakes, two lakes that sit side by side. There is plenty of time to enjoy the peaceful surroundings and take amazing photos of the colorful location. Finish your tour with magnificent views of Mount Tarawera and Lake Tarawera as you return to Rotorua.
IncludesGuide Air-conditioned transportation Hamurana Springs entry fee
- Some walking is required.