My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk27 Reviews
Enter a world of bubbling mud and powerful geysers at Hells Gate, Rotorua’s most active geothermal park. Enjoy a self-guided walk to marvel at unique geothermal wonders and interactive opportunities.
- Discover Rotorua’s most active geothermal park
- Marvel at unique geothermal wonders up close
- Join a morning or afternoon guided tour with a local guide
- Walk through the heart of a geothermic field
- See steaming fumaroles, hot water lakes, and sulfur crystals and deposits
DescriptionDiscover Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa ((Tikitere) in Rotorua. Join a guided walking tour around one of the most active geothermal sites in New Zealand. Get to know the reserve and see New Zealand's largest active mud volcano. Located an approximately 15-minute drive from central Rotorua, arrive at Hell's Gate to start exploring the site's extensive history. Explore independently with an included map, or join a guided walk (subject to availability). Hell's Gate boasts New Zealand's largest active mud volcano, the Southern Hemisphere's largest hot waterfalls, and even examples of land coral. See boiling hot pools and erupting waters with temperatures exceeding 100 degrees Celsius.
Includes1.5-hour guided tour (available at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM) Map for geothermal walk Māori carving Mud foot pool
- The geothermal walking route takes about 1 hour to complete This is an all-weather activity. The geothermal park is at its best when it is raining Children must be aged 12 and over to participate in the carving The guided tour, Māori carving, and mud foot pool are subject to availability