My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Hell's Gate Geothermal Walk, Mud Bath & Sulphur Spa46 Reviews
Combine a relaxing mud bath and sulphur spa experience with an exploration of Rotorua's most active thermal park at Hells Gate Geothermal Reserve.
- Experience the best of the famous Hell's Gate geothermal reserve with this special combo
- Marvel at unique geothermal wonders and walk through the heart of a geothermic field
- Enjoy a relaxing mud bath and sulphur spa experience
DescriptionDiscover the best of Hell's Gate Geothermal Park in Rotorua with daily guided tours, a map for a geothermal walk, and multiple spa experiences. Enjoy mud baths, a mud foot pool, sulfur spas, Māori carving, and more. Located approximately 15 minutes from the town's center, Hell's Gate awaits. When you arrive, choose to start your visit by discovering the geothermal features using an included map or join one of the daily guided tours. After learning about the history, features, and uniqueness of the geothermal area and the unique healing muds of Hell's Gate, experience New Zealand’s historic spa for yourself. Soak in unique thermal mud and acidic sulfurous waters that have been used by the local Maori for more than 800 years. The warm geothermal mud opens and cleans the skin’s pores, while the sulfur spas give your skin gentle exfoliation and deep cleansing.
IncludesDaily guided tours (optional) Map with geothermal walk route Mud baths Mud foot pool Sulfur spas Māori carving Cool plunge pool
- Guided tours run daily at 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM (October 1, 2022, to March 31, 2023), subject to availability
- The mud bath has a time limit of 20 minutes per person per visit for health and safety reasons
- The minimum age for the mud baths is 2.5 years old. For the sulfur spa, the minimum age is 6 months old. Children must be aged 12 and over to participate in the carving
- Your swimwear and towels will have a sulfur smell to them after your experience and will need to be cleaned thoroughly. It is recommended to use old swimwear. Renting or buying swim items from Hell's Gate Geothermal Reserve and Mud Spa is also an option, subject to availability
- The chemical makeup of the spa's muds and waters will tarnish most jewelry, particularly silver. It is recommended to wait 24 to 48 hours to put it back on after your visit
- Some spa services are subject to availability