My Guide Website?
Rotorua: One Way Trip to Auckland via Hobbiton & Waitomo
This trip from Rotorua to Auckland includes visiting two iconic New Zealand attractions – Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Caves. Departing from Rotorua, this is a wonderful way to get to Auckland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Enjoy a fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Indulge in a delicious buffet lunch at the Hobbiton festive party tent
- See the iconic glow worms and caves at Waitomo
- Enjoy the journey from Rotorua to Auckland in comfort and style
DescriptionBegin your day being picked up from your local Rotorua accommodation at 8am. You will join your small group and expert guide who will provide full commentary and insights into the areas you are travelling through as well as background to both Hobbiton and Waitomo caves. The first stop is at Hobbiton where you will go down to the set itself and have one of the specialist Hobbiton guides take you on a walking tour around the 44 Hobbit holes. You will get the chance to have a photo in the doorway of a Hobbit house, see the Party Tree and stand by the gate to Bilbo’s house ‘Bag End’ overlooking the whole set to the hills in the distance. Before your buffet lunch feast in the Party Marquee (which is included in the price) enjoy a complimentary ale, cider or ginger beer in the Green Dragon Inn. After this enjoy the short drive to Waitomo Caves through some beautiful countryside beside Lake Karapiro and across the famous Arapuni Dam. At Waitomo one of their experienced guides will take you on a walking tour through the caves before you take the iconic boat ride to glide along through the world famous glowworm grotto (subject to water levels). Marvel in silence at thousands of magical glow worms, which are unique to the southern hemisphere, before exiting the cave. After your tour at Waitomo, your guide will continue on to your Auckland inner city accommodation with an optional stop for afternoon tea.
IncludesPick up from selected Rotorua accommodation Admission and guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set Delicious buffet lunch in the Party Marquee Ale, cider or ginger beer at the Green Dragon Inn Free Hobbiton souvenir voucher Admission and guided tour of Waitomo caves Boat ride through the glowworm grotto at Waitomo Drop off at Auckland inner city accommodation
- From April to November there is some construction work happening on the Hobbiton movie set to get an exciting new feature ready for tours from December onwards. There are staircases inside Waitomo Caves with approx. 75 stairs to walk up