My Guide Website?
Tarawera and Lakes 2-Hour Duck Eco Tour33 Reviews
Enjoy a fully guided tour delving into Rotorua's rich history from a historical, ecological, and cultural perspective. Visit the magnificent Lake Tarawera at the base of Mt Tarawera after passing by Rotorua's most sacred lake.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the amazing volcanic domes of Tarawera as you ride on the waters of Lake Tarawera
- Hear about the volcanic eruption, Maori migration to NZ, geothermal activity, and much more
- Ride on New Zealand's only genuine WW2 landing crafts as you splash onto the water without leaving your seat
- Listen to a comprehensive and engaging commentary on Rotorua's cultural, geothermal, and ecological history
- Visit 4 lakes and splash down on 3, Lake Okareka, Tikitapu (Blue Lake), Rotokakahi (Green Lake) and Tarawera
DescriptionDiscover Tarawera and Lakes on a unique 2-hour fully-guided adventure that takes place on land and water on-board a genuine WWII amphibious Duck. One of the best ways to appreciate the scenery of the Rotorua lakes district and learn more about the history of the land, the people, and the devastating 1886 eruption of Mt. Tarawera. Your tour begins right in the heart of Rotorua and ventures out of town to the spectacular lake’s district where you will experience your first splash down into the sheltered calm waters of Lake Okareka. Your ConDUCKtor will then take you further, exploring the natural beauty of the lakes district with a backdrop of the magnificent volcanic domes of Mount Tarawera. After plunging into the deep blue water of Lake Tarawera, the return trip will see you viewing the sacred Lake Rotokakahe (The Green Lake) before splashing down on Tikitapu (the Blue Lake) your forth and final lake visit before the homeward journey back to the sulphurous aroma of Rotorua’s city centre. This tour is suitable for all ages and the whole family, combining fun, learning and new experiences during a once-in-a-lifetime adventure in an authentic WWII amphibious Duck.
Includes2-hour fully-guided duck tour Live informative commentary Duck quacker
- Dress warmly on cold days, due to the open windows on the Duck it can sometimes get a bit cold with wind
- Blankets are provided for colder days but please also be prepared
- Duck tours operate in all weather, clear roll down sides keep you dry on rainy days
- Make sure to arrive at the designated meeting point on time for your tour