My Guide Website?
Auckland: Hobbiton, Rotorua and Wai-O-Tapu Day Tour160 Reviews
Visit the world-famous Lord of The Rings Hobbiton movie set, as well as the geothermal wonders of Rotorua and Wai-O-Tapu, voted one of the most surreal places on earth, all in one day on this unforgettable combo tour from Auckland.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Explore the 12 acre Hobbiton Movie Set on a fully guided Hobbiton tour
- Soak up the atmosphere at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Discover the 'most surreal place on earth', Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Park
- Enjoy a fully guided Rotorua City highlights tour
- Enjoy entertainment throughout the whole journey from your knowledgeable guides
DescriptionCurrent availability is Friday to Tuesday from 8.30am to 4.30pm. The tour starts with pickup from Auckland city, where the adventure begins as you drive through the stunning Waikato countryside, the most extensive farming area in the world, on a fully guided journey to Hobbiton. Along the way, don’t forget to take advantage of the photo opportunities as you admire the stunning natural landscapes of beautiful mountains and farmlands. After the drive, arrive at Alexander Family Sheep Farm and Shire's Rest, the entrance to Hobbiton, and marvel at the thousands of sheep that live here. While you’re here, grab a bite to eat, a coffee, or enjoy an ice cream to cool off while your guide collects your tickets to the movie set. Next, hop on board one of the big green Hobbiton buses to depart on your 2-hour fully guided tour of this amazing 12-acre movie set with a professional Hobbiton guide to ensure you get the most out of your visit. During your tour trip into the lush pastures of the Shire, visit 44 hobbit holes, see amazing gardens, hear secrets and stories about the making of the movies and finish your LOTR experience with a cold beverage at the famous Hobbiton pub, The Green Dragon Inn. After your LOTR experience, it’s time to continue southwards towards the active geothermal area of Rotorua. During the drive, pass through the unique town of Tirau, the corrugated iron sculpture capital of the world, and the stunning Fitzgerald Glade. Upon arrival in Rotorua, enjoy a guided tour of the city’s most famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, the Blue Baths, Thermal Springs, and Polynesian Spa. Take some time to rest for lunch and then head to Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland considered one of the most surreal places on earth. Here, admire Champagne Lake, Devil’s Bath, local mud pools, geothermal craters, and other geothermal wonders before a fully guided trip back to Auckland and the end of your tour.
IncludesFully guided group tour from Auckland Hotel pickup and drop-off (specific central Auckland hotels only) Entry and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set Complimentary beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn Shire's Rest Entry of Wai-O-Tapu including Champagne Pool, Devils Home & Devils Bath Rotorua city highlights tour Refreshments and snacks whilst driving Charging ports available in vehicle Transport in modern and comfortable minibus
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility due to the amount of walking over uneven ground
- Current availability for this tour is Friday to Tuesday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM