My Guide Website?
From Auckland: Hobbiton & Rotorua Tour with Lunch at Te Puia82 Reviews
Enjoy a day tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set and Rotorua from Aukland. Explore the set with a 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton and have lunch in Te Puia You.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Head through the Waikato region with a friendly, experienced guide and admire the beauty of the Hauraki Plains
- Discover Hobbiton Movie Set on a 2-hour official tour to see famous landmarks from the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit films
- Savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Discover fascinating geothermal activity in the Te Whakarewarewa Valley
- Gain insight into the region’s traditional Maori arts and enjoy a traditional Maori hangi lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua
DescriptionEnjoy the magic of Middle Earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set and delight in Maori culture at Te Puia Maori Village in Rotorua on a day tour from Auckland. Travel in comfort with a small group and an experienced local guide in a late-model Mercedes or a similarly configured the vehicle to provide extra leg room and space for your comfort. After the pick-up from your hotel, journey through gorgeous Waikato scenery to Hobbiton. On arrival, set off on an official 2-hour guided tour through the picturesque twelve-acre site. Learn fascinating details of how a beautiful piece of Waikato farmland was transformed into The Shire from Middle-Earth. At the end of your tour, savor a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn. Climb back into the vehicle for the 55-minute drive to Rotorua. Arrive at Te Puia Maori Village where you will have a freshly prepared hangi lunch featuring traditional Maori food. With plenty of time to explore, discover the Pohutu geyser, mud pools, hot springs, silica formations, and the iconic Kiwi bird. Visit the national schools of wood carving, weaving, stone and bone carving. Then explore Rotorua, visiting the lakefront and the government gardens, before the return journey to Auckland. You can opt for drop off in Rotorua, just select this option when booking.
IncludesPick-up and drop off from central Auckland accommodation Transport in a small air-conditioned coach Experienced driver/guide Small-group tour Live commentary in English Entry and 2-hour guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set Entry and lunch at Te Puia in Rotorua Cafe lunch at Te Puia
- Please wear weather appropriate clothing, sensible footwear, and come prepared as there is a reasonable amount of walking on uneven ground and New Zealand weather can be very changeable throughout the day
- Morning or afternoon tea can be purchased on the day at your own expense
- You can choose to travel one way from Auckland and be dropped off in Rotorua, please select this option when booking
- Lunch is buffet style
- The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour requires reasonable mobility, please advise when booking you have any mobility issues
- Shuttle pick-ups from outside Auckland city center can be arranged on request for an additional charge
- This tour is not suitable for children 2 years and under
- Pickup and drop-off is available from all accommodation in central Auckland. Please advise where you are staying Guaranteed departure has been temporarily suspended for 1 person A minimum of 4 people or price equivalent is needed to run the tour