My Guide Website?
Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet558 Reviews
Visit a traditional Maori village and learn more about their customs and rituals at an amazing cultural experience, including a tasty hangi feast and dessert.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Maori cultural experience
- Uplifting of the traditional earth-cooked hangi and buffet dinner
- Warriors paddling and chanting down stream
- Cultural performance including haka
- Walk through nature to see sacred spring and glow worms
DescriptionEnter a Maori village in a natural bush setting and learn about their customs during an immersive cultural experience. Following pickup from your Rotorua accommodation, if option booked, get a warm meet and greet from a beautiful Maori maidens. Learn the guidelines to enter the sacred site and select a chief from your group to represent those visiting the village. See warriors in traditional dress paddle an ancient warrior canoe down the Wai-o-whiro stream and marvel at glow worms in their natural habitat. Be captivated by the songs and dances of an entertaining concert, complete with the spine-tingling haka war dance. Watch as the hangi feast is removed from the earth-cooked oven, explore the art of ta moko (tattoo) and more. Feast on a hot selection of succulent meats and poultry, vegetables and fresh salads, topped off with tempting desserts.
IncludesComplimentary hotel pickup and drop-off from Rotorua accommodations, if option booked 3-hour Maori Cultural Experience
- It is recommended you wear flat walking shoes and comfortable clothes, including a jacket during the winter months, so you should dress for the weather