Rangitaiki Rafting Grade 2
The Rangitaiki River features spectacular scenery including cascading waterfalls tumbling into the river, beautiful forest views and sheer rock gorges clad in native bush. The gentle rolling rapids never go above grade 2, making this a great family trip.
Are you a business owner in Rotorua?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Rotorua.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Drink from natural springs coming straight out of the rocks
- Float down some of the smaller rapids without the raft
- Experience stunning scenery along the river
- Enjoy a great family trip on gentle rapids
DescriptionThe trip starts at the base of the spectacular Aniwhenua Falls, a beautiful waterfall framed by sheer rock walls. The more adventurous can start their trip by jumping into the river from a series of jump-off points at various heights. For the less adventurous, you can make your way down the rocks to the waters edge by foot. This is just the start of the amazing New Zealand scenery on offer, with several other waterfalls & spectacular forests on display along the 1.5 hour trip down the river. There is even an opportunity to stop and have a shower under a beautiful veil waterfall. The rapids are gentle, rolling rapids with very few rocks to avoid, making this a great trip for families or those looking to relax and enjoy the scenery. Have a turn at trying to guide the raft or just relax and enjoy the view.
IncludesAll required specialist equipment Light lunch Complimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (approximately 1 hour before trip time) Swimsuit and towel
- Minimum age - 5 years old. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended minimum weight limit 20 kilograms, maximum 125 kilograms
- Timings: - Time on water 1.5 hours, allow 4 hours (excluding travel time) - Travel time from Rotorua 45 minutes, from Taupo 1 hour - Start time - 11.30 AM
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to safety issues, weather, river or road conditions, or insufficient numbers
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Orakei Korako Cave and Thermal ParkTaupo, Rotorua
Explore one of nature's most spectacular geothermal parks, with , geysers, hot springs and pools, lush flora and fauna, amazing silica terraces and a rare geothermal cave...From NZ$39
Hells Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Bath and SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it has done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand's most unique geothermal experience.From NZ$25
Tamaki Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Award-winning cultural attraction in Rotorua. See how the Maori live and take part in authentic rituals before enjoying a traditional Maori feast...From NZ$130
Te PuiaRotorua Central, Rotorua
Te Puia features a spectacular geothermal valley and Maori cultural centre, just south of Rotorua. The unique attraction is aducational, interactive, and full of natural ...From NZ$56
Taupo Tandem SkydivingTaupo, Rotorua
Tick a skydive off your bucket list with Taupo Tandem Skydiving! Experience the surreal sensation of freefall as you fly above stunning Lake Taupo with views of snow-capped volcanoes and The Tongariro National Park.From NZ$199.00
Waimangu Volcanic ValleyRotorua Central, Rotorua
Home to the now hidden Pink and White Terraces, the eighth natural wonder of the world, Waimangu immerses visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.From NZ$42
Mitai Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Experience an entertaining and educational evening learning about Maori culture and tradition at the Mitai Maori Village...From NZ$118
Skyline RotoruaRotorua Central, Rotorua
An iconic fixture of the local landscape, offering amazing gondola rides up the side of Mount Ngongotaha, luge rides, SkySwing and SkyVue cinema. Great for all the family...
Polynesian SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
World-renowned day spa in central Rotorua, the Polynesian Spa caters for everybody and the 'healing' properties of the waters here are well-known.............From NZ$10
Auckland to Rotorua Small Group Tour
Immerse yourself in the incredible natural landscapes of New Zealand on this full day tour from Auckland to the geothermal wonderland and adventure playground of Rotorua.From NZ$199.00