My Guide Website?
Hobbiton Movie Set & Rotorua Premium Day Tour from Auckland6 Reviews
Visit New Zealand’s top 2 destinations on this full-day tour. Visit the real Middle-Earth at the Hobbiton Movie Set and then continue to the Rotorua Geothermal Valley, the center of Maori art and culture and home to the world-famous Pohutu Geyser.
- Visit the Pōhutu Geyser and see jumping mudpools and live kiwi birds
- Explore the Hobbiton Movie Set, New Zealand's top destination
- Taste locally brewed cider or beer at The Green Dragon Inn
DescriptionThis full-day excursion begins with a pick-up at your preferred location in Auckland, and a scenic 2-hour drive into Waikato with the possibility of stops for photos en route to the Hobbiton Movie Set. On arrival, you’ll spend 30-45 minutes at the official Hobbiton Gift Shop and have a chance to grab a drink or a bite to eat at the famous Shire's Rest Café. Next you’ll embark on a 2-hour guided tour of the 1,250-acre sheep farm with amazing views of the Kaimai Ranges. Your guide will then lead the way through the 12-acre site that’s home to Hobbit Holes, the Old Mill and the Double-Arched Bridge. Stop for a complimentary drink at The Green Dragon Inn. Your tour then continues to Rotorua, where you'll visit Te Puia and explore Te Whakarewarewa, a 60-hectare geothermal valley. You’ll also have an opportunity to see the kiwi bird house and viewing enclosure, watch traditional Maori carving and weaving, learn about Maori art and history and take a walk around a model pre-European Maori village and sacred marae. If you like, you can enjoy a meal prepared using ancient geothermal cooking techniques, watch a Maori haka performance and learn about Maori culture inside the sacred marae. At the end of the program it will be time to sit back and relax on the scenic drive back to Auckland.
IncludesRound-trip transfers from any central Auckland location Hobbiton admission fee and 2-hour guided tour Free cider or beer at The Green Dragon Inn Snacks, bottled water and refreshments on the road Admission to Te Puia in Rotorua Guided tour in Te Puia Geothermal Valley
- Pick up time between 6:00 am to 6:30 am depending on your location and will be confirmed by the local operator after booking
- The Hobbiton Movie Set Tour is a fully guided walking tour and sensible footwear is recommended
- Minimum of 4 participants are required for the tour to operate. In the event that this is not met you will be offered an alternate date or full refund