My Guide Website?
Hot Pools Kayak & Evening Barbecue4 Reviews
Enjoy a guided kayak trip to the spectacular Manupirua Springs Hot Pools on Lake Rotoiti. This amazing spot, situated right on the lake edge is only accessible by boat. Feast on an appetizing Kiwi barbecue followed by a sunset paddle to a glow-worm cave.
- Paddle across scenic Lake Rotoiti to a range of hot pools
- Take a relaxing soak in the lake
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset and visit the glow-worm caves
- Eat a tasty Kiwi barbecue dinner
DescriptionOn arrival at the base you'll be kitted up with paddling gear. After a short transfer, there will be a paddle safety briefing before paddling across the scenic Lake Rotoiti to the amazing Manupirua Springs, which is only accessible by boat. During the paddle your guide will tell you some of the area's history and discuss local Maori legends. Situated right on the lake edge there are a range of hot pools of varying temperatures, all fed from a natural hot spring. There is plenty of free time to swim in the lake or enjoy a leisurely soak in the hot pools while your guide cooks an appetising Kiwi barbecue dinner. After dinner, enjoy a sunset paddle across the lake and a visit to the glow-worm caves.
IncludesComplimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (30 minutes before the trip) Full training and all required specialist equipment Barbecue dinner
- Minimum age - 3 years old. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult capable of paddling a double kayak without assistance
- Recommended maximum weight limit 125 kilograms
- Paddling time around 2 hours (approximately 1 hour each way). Allow 6 to 6.5 hours (around 7 hours including transfers)
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- The supplier reserves the right to cancel or amend any trip due to safety issues, weather, wind or road conditions, or insufficient numbers
- Available November to April