My Guide Website?
Kaituna River and Tutea Falls Whitewater Rafting183 Reviews
Get an adrenaline rush on a half-day white water rafting activity on the Kaituna River. Brave the rapids of the 7-meter Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Experience the epic grade 5 whitewater rapids of the Kaituna River
- Brave the world's highest rafted waterfall and 14 exciting rapids
- Get comprehensive training from friendly guides
DescriptionJoin an epic grade 5 whitewater rafting expedition on the Kaituna River and get an adrenaline rush in its deep warm water canyons. Located a 20-minute drive from central Rotorua, the rafting base is next to the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve. Join an expert guide on an action-packed, 50-minute adventure down 14 epic rapids. Brave the famous 7-meter Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. A must-do for adrenaline junkies and first-time rafters alike, the adventure is run by super-friendly guides to give you the safest and most entertaining trip on the river. Stretch your legs on the nearby walking track at the end of your raft to watch the rapids tumble over the falls, or head to the nearby cafe to enjoy some food and the best selection of craft beer in Rotorua.
IncludesLocal guides Wetsuits, helmets, life jackets, paddles, fleece tops, wetsuit booties, and splash jackets Rafting tour
- No previous experience is required
- You must be at least 13 years old to take part
- This is a year-round activity. More gear will be provided in the winter months to keep you warm
- Bring your swimming costume, shorts, a towel, and a GoPro camera with chest mount if you have one. A limited number of chest mounts are available to rent for NZ$5 on the day
- All participants are required to complete a waiver form at the base, as a degree of risk is involved with this activity
- Bring money if you want to purchase photos after your trip