My Guide Website?
White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight23 Reviews
Take flight for a truly unique adventure to White Island, one of the world's few accessible live volcanoes. Enjoy a fun, awe-inspiring experience with easy conversation and lots of laughs as you admire incredible views and learn the history of the island.
- Immerse yourself in the sights and smells of White Island on a scenic flight
- Skip the rough seas and savor a better viewing experience from the air
- See more from above than you can on the ground as you soar above the crater
- Discover local insights and the history of this unique marine volcano
- Expect smooth flying with your informative and experienced pilot
DescriptionTake to the skies to admire the marine volcano of White Island from above. Your friendly and professional crew will keep you thoroughly entertained throughout your experience. You’ll receive a flight and safety briefing before heading out onto the tarmac to your aircraft. Be sure to bring your camera, as everyone gets a window seat. Enjoy fantastic views as your enthusiastic pilot shares local insights. Fly over the township of Whakatane before heading offshore over Moutohora (Whale) Island, an extinct volcano that is now a wildlife refuge. Continue on to White Island, keeping a lookout for a bird's eye views of dolphins and large schools of fish. During several turns around the island, you’ll have the opportunity to see the volcano from all angles and shoot plenty of stunning photos. You’ll get closer each time and the pilot will dip the wing for uninterrupted views. Your pilot will give you tips for capturing the best photos and alert you when a good opportunity arises. Peer directly into the crater, smell volcanic gasses and admire incredible views of sulfur vents, bubbling mud, and acid lakes. Enjoy the most time above the crater out of any of the local flight operations before the scenic return flight to Whakatane airport.
Includes1-hour scenic flight in a comfortable modern aircraft Experienced pilot Inflight commentary Use of headsets
- All flights are subject to favorable weather conditions
- It is recommended to book for your first available day in Whakatane so that you have maximum flexibility to roll on to the next available date
- Your flight date and/or time may be different to the one requested, your exact flight details will be confirmed by the local operator via email after booking
- Minimum numbers apply, solo travelers can guarantee departure with a single supplement price that will be refunded should additional travelers join the flight
- If you prefer to have a private flight, advise the local operator after booking.