My Guide Website?
Kaituna River: Whitewater Rafting Experience21 Reviews
Travel through steep New Zealand native bush clad canyons, riding 14 awesome rapids and 3 waterfalls. Raft Tutea Falls, the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. Enjoy a unique rafting trip blended with touches of Maori culture.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Embrace a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure infused with Maori culture
- Take on Tutea Falls - the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world
- Discover a culturally infused, uniquely New Zealand experience
- Enjoy door-to-door service with courtesy pick-up from Rotorua accommodation
DescriptionTake on a thrilling rafting adventure with experienced and local Kiwi guides. From first timers to white rafting enthusiasts - there's something for everyone. Navigate a wildly beautiful landscape while learning about Kaitiakitanga (guardianship) and protection of the land. A quality adventure is blended with Maori culture for a memorable experience. You can self-drive or benefit from courtesy transport from your door to the relaxing River base situated in the middle of Rotorua's native Kahikatea Forest. You're welcome to make use of the volleyball court or 3D maze located onsite. Receive an in-depth safety briefing on land and clamber into high-quality river gear. It's a quick bus ride to the Okere section of the Kaituna River where you'll train and hone your rafting skills before dropping into the gorge and commencing your adrenaline packed activity. Snake through steep New Zealand native bush clad canyons. Be thrilled by fourteen awesome rapids and tree waterfalls including the world-renowned 7-meter Tutea Falls. Once your amazing journey on the river comes to an end, jump back on the bus and head back to the River base. Re-live the rafting action through photos snapped by a professional adventure photographer along the way.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Courtesy transport to rafting base Experienced local Kiwi guides Roundtrip whitewater rafting experience All river gear and safety equipment (life jackets, wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and fleeces)
- Changing rooms with lock boxes are available onsite
- Each journey is approximately 3.5-hours from pick-up to drop off. You can self-drive the the rafting base, located 15-minutes from the Rotorua city center
- The minimum age requirement is 13-years
- Go-Pros may be worn on a chest mount subject to the guide's discretion
- There is plenty of free parking available on site
- Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Courtesy transport is available from all central Rotorua accommodation including the Rotorua Information Centre
- Photos of your experience will be available for purchase per photo or the entire album, either at the River base after your trip or online once you arrive home