My Guide Website?
Rangitaiki Rafting Grade 3-48 Reviews
Rangitaiki River rafting grade 3–4. Experience 14 kilometers of whitewater exhilaration and fantastic scenery. From the buzz of a torrent of whitewater named ‘Geoff’s Joy’, to stunning forest views, this trip has something for everyone.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a unique wilderness experience
- Observe both native and plantation forest along a beautiful river valley
- Work as part of a team as you make your way through rocky rapids
DescriptionThe Rangitaiki rafting experience is mostly grade 3 with one grade 4 rapid. The trip consists of fun, bouncy rapids running through a beautiful river valley and features stunning views of both native and plantation forest. The rapids require good team work from the customers, and 15–20 minutes of training will be given before the trip to teach all of the required paddle and safety commands. Practice is carried out on flat water first, before launching fully into the rapids. This trip is suitable for anyone who is physically active and generally around 80% of customers are first-time rafters. Approximately halfway through the trip there is around 15 minutes of flat water, allowing time to relax, enjoy the scenery, chat with your guide and fellow rafters and even have a swim if you wish.
IncludesLight lunch All required specialist equipment and full training Complimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (1 hour before trip time)
- Minimum age - 10 years old. Children under the age of 13 are subject to the following conditions: - Must be accompanied by an adult - Able to walk one small section near the beginning of the trip (around 150 meters out of the 14 kilometer trip) - Water levels must be below 7.0 on the gauge
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- Guests need to bring a swimsuit and towel. Towel hire is available for a small charge but must be requested in advance
- Timings: - Time on the water 1 hour 45 minutes. Allow 3.5 - 4 hours (excluding travel time) - Travel time from Rotorua 45 minutes, from Taupo 1 hour - Start time 11.30 AM at base (or 10.30 AM leaving Rotorua)
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40 kilograms, maximum 125 kilograms