My Guide Website?
Geothermal Mineral Baths Experience: Pavilion Pools for 12+67 Reviews
Relax and rejuvenate in the geothermal pools at the Polynesian Spa in Rotorua. Enjoy bathing in tranquil hot pools, take a beautiful reflexology walk, and bask in the calming mineral baths.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover beautiful views over Lake Rotorua from the 40°C Rachel Spring hot pool
- Relax and unwind in a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat
- Take advantage of a reflexology walk to stimulate pressure points in your feet and soothe the body
- Enjoy spacious changing rooms and showers with private cubicles
- Restore your energy and replenish your body, mind, and soul
DescriptionRelax and unwind at the iconic Polynesian Spa, a world-leading, natural mineral bathing and luxury spa retreat in Rotorua. Geothermal waters nourish the skin and relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while decadent spa therapies rejuvenate and restore. The therapeutic waters at this spa come from two different natural springs. The Priest Spring is named after Father Mahoney, a Catholic Priest who was 'cured' of his crippling arthritis from bathing in the waters in 1878. The slightly acidic water from the Priest Spring relieves tired muscles and aches and pains. The Rachel Spring is a source of alkaline water, which features the antiseptic action of sodium silicate nourishing the skin. It was historically said that those who bathe in the waters of the Rachel Spring are blessed with ageless beauty. The combination of these two types of mineral waters is only found at the Polynesian Spa. This spa was built on the site of historic bath houses, which originally made the city world-famous in the 1800s. It continues to evolve and focus on health and wellness, introducing passive and active bathing experiences for increased immunity and greater energy levels. In the Pavilion Pools, elements of early buildings and baths have been carefully retained and the site is registered by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust.
Includes3 Priest Spring acidic mineral hot pools at 39°C – 41°C 3 Cascading Rachel Spring alkaline mineral hot pools at 38°C – 40°C Deep Rachel Spring alkaline stand-up pool to stretch out or for light activity at 38°C Rachel Spring alkaline mineral hot pool overlooking Lake Rotorua at 40°C Reflexology walk to stimulate pressure points in your feet
- Please consult your doctor or medical professional before booking if you are pregnant, have a heart condition, or any other chronic medical conditions that may be affected by sulfur or hot springs bathing
- You can hire towels and bathing suits on site