My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Kaituna Rafting & Mt. Tarawera Hiking Combo7 Reviews
Combine the unique crater walking experience with rafting on the Kaituna. An all-day combo taking you from the volcanic crater of Mt Tarawera, to the Okere section of the Kaituna River where you will raft the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Raft the world’s highest commercially rafted waterfall
- Take on 14 rapids with world class guides and gear
- Ascend Mount Tarawera by off-road 4x4 vehicle and a guided hike to the summit
- Embrace a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure infused with Maori culture
- Combine Maori culture with stunning scenic vistas and 360-degree panoramic views
DescriptionTake on a thrilling rafting adventure with experienced and local Kiwi guides. Navigate a wildly beautiful landscape while learning about Kaitiakitanga (guardianship) and protection of the land. Snake through steep New Zealand bush-clad canyons. Be thrilled by fourteen rapids and tree waterfalls, including the world-renowned 7-meter Tutea Falls. Relive the rafting action through photos snapped by a professional adventure photographer along the way. Throughout the day, your guide will share the history of Mount Tarawera's eruption as well as local myths and legends. On arrival at the mountain base, begin the ascent to the crater's edge in an off-road 4x4 vehicle up through native bushland. After a quick stop at the solar-powered mountain base, continue up to the beginning of the track. Admire stunning scenic vistas and 360-degree panoramic views as you enjoy the hike up. At the summit, you can leap down into the heart of the volcanic crater for a fun and short run.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Courtesy transport to rafting base Experienced local kiwi guides 3.5-hour whitewater rafting experience All river gear and safety equipment (life jackets, wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and fleeces) Transport by 4x4 vehicle up Mount Tarawera 90-minute guided crater walk Local guide
- The minimum age requirement is 13 years
- Only a moderate level of fitness required
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks
- Changing rooms with lock boxes are available onsite
- Go-Pros may be worn on a chest mount subject to the guide's discretion
- There is plenty of free parking available on site • Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Courtesy transport is available from all central Rotorua accommodation including the Rotorua Information Centre
- Photos of your experience will be available for purchase per photo or the entire album, either at the River base after your trip or online once you arrive home
- From first timers to white rafting enthusiasts, there's something for everyone