My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Ultimate Guided Zipline Tour w/ Volcanic Cliff Walk51 Reviews
Soar through the trees and experience New Zealand’s ancient forest like never before. Go higher, see further, and get deeper with zip lines, swing bridges, and other unique, unreal features.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Go higher and see further on this brand new ultimate experience in Rotorua
- Experience prehistoric New Zealand forest on a 3.5-hour zipline canopy tour
- Take on iconic features including suspended cliff-walk and 18-meter abseil
- Soak up breathtaking lake views and climb spiral staircases to treetop platforms
- Voted Trip Advisor's 11th Adventure Experience in the world
DescriptionThis is where adventure and nature coincide with an epic journey through a secret ancient New Zealand Forest. You’ll be transported through the forest on a series of zip lines, swing bridges and other incredible features found nowhere else in the world! We will take you into the ancestral lands of Tura Te Ngakau, an ancient forest called Okohiriki (Dansey Road scenic Reserve). It’s a secret forest tucked away just 15minutes from central Rotorua. A place only Rotorua Canopy Tours takes guests to. The forest is magic with trees over 1000years old. In small groups of up to 10 guests, two of our amazing, informed, and caring guides will accompany you, bringing our story to life. They’ll keep you safe, smiling and do all the safety and soft breaking for you. Our goal is to deliver the best visitor experience in NZ and to leave you with lifelong memories. You’ll wonder along the towering rata walkway, learning about our environment, until reaching the gate way to the Jurassic Park Bridge, a 75m swing bridge that exposing you to the first of many ‘above the canopy’ moments! The magical spiral staircase emerges from the forest, exporting you up into the canopy, say goodbye to the ground! Here, the first zipline is our smallest, an introduction to the amazing, weightless sensation of flying! At every turn there is something new and exciting to look forward to! Ahead you’ll traverse the 15,000year old volcanic cliff face, race someone down the 400m tandem zipline, hover high above the ground on another swing bridge and come face to face with the suspended staircase! At every turn there is something new, this experience is full of ingredients that will take you out of your comfort zone safely, allow you to connect with the people around you and be immersed into one of NZ’s oldest, restored native forests. The scenery and views are stunning, take your time soaking them up, breathing in the fresh forest air and don’t forget to take lots of pictures – you are welcome to bring phones and small cameras and there are loads of spots to capture a special moment! Best part is a portion of your entry to this experience contributes back to the conservation effort that helps this forest back to health. With our pest management birds are returning, insects, mushrooms, flowers and berries can be seen and as guests come through, its only getting better!
IncludesSecret forest location Photos taken by the guide Small groups (up to 10 people, minimum of 2) Knowledgeable guides throughout the experience 6 Ziplines covering 1.2 km Tandem 400-meter race zipline 3 epic swing bridges (up to 20m high) NZ’s only volcanic cliff walk set 50m above the ground Fairytale Spiral Staircase 3-story high suspended hanging staircase 10-meter controlled abseil Donation to Canopy Conservation Trust All safety gear and fleece, beanies, gloves, wind-breakers Wet weather gear if needed (pants and jackets) Transport to the forest is provided Transport to and from central Rotorua (optional)
- Maximum group size per departure is 10 people
- You'll need to complete a pre-tour check-in form
- This activity takes place rain or shine
- Tour might be postponed due to strong winds
- You will need to climb six flights of stairs
- You will need to have your safety gear on throughout the experience
- You will need to be able to raise both knees to hip height
- Part of your ticket price goes towards the program to restore the beautiful forest and wildlife