My Guide Website?
Tongariro Self-Guided Audio Tour1 Reviews
This hiker’s guided audio tour of the widely popular Tongariro Crossing will take you on a 7-hour journey through this cultural and geographical mecca of New Zealand. During the walk, you will see huge craters and colorful lakes.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Explore the city with a fully narrated tour
- Be mesmerised by the beautiful and astounding nature of New Zealand
DescriptionDownload a vibrant MP3 self-guided audio tour combined with a fully detailed map of the area of your tour. Explore the stunningly beautiful and popular area of Tongariro which is made up of 3 volcanic peaks. In this audio tour, learn about the volcanic activity and the craters that are found in the area like the Red, Central and North Crater. This 7-hour hike will tell you about Māori myths and legends as you walk along this legendary area that was also made famous by the filming of The Lord of the Rings. You will also see the Lower Mangatepopo Valley, Mount Ruapehu, Soda Springs, Upper Mangatepopo Valley, Ngauruhoe Summit, the Oturere Valley Lookout, the Emerald Lakes, Blue Lake, Lake Rotoaira with North Views, Ketetahi Springs, and the Totara Forest. Your tour. Your way.
IncludesAudio guided tour (English only) Walking tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, and warm clothing
- Please note this is an audio tour. No physical guide will accompany you. This is your tour, your way, and at your pace, therefore there are no specific starting times for our tours
- Please see your printable voucher for download information
- Please note, the audio guide is available in the English language only