My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Nocturnal Glow Worm Tour with a Guide96 Reviews
Watch glow worms light up the darkness on a guided tour from Rotorua. Take an evening bush walk through a native forest and keep an eye out for Morkporks, Weta, and other nocturnal creatures.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Treat your eyes to thousands of tiny glow worms after dark
- Experience New Zealand’s wildlife on a nocturnal tour
- Follow your expert guide and the sound of running water
- Walk through a native rainforest with flashlights
- Round off this stellar evening by relaxing under the stars
DescriptionExplore New Zealand's native forest and wildlife after dark on this guided tour from Rotorua. Discover waterfalls, towering trees and giant ferns accompanied by thousands of glow worms as breath taking as our clearest night sky. Watch as your guide points out other nocturnal creatures in the forest. Before departing from Rotorua, get kitted out with the necessary equipment including specialized flashlights, boots, and wet weather gear (if needed) by your guide. After a 25-minute drive, the real adventure begins. After a walk through the darkness of a native New Zealand forest you will be guided by the sound of running water. Towering banks will rise up around you. It’s time to switch off your flashlights. literally thousands of glow-worms light up like the clearest night sky, forming their own constellations all around you. Enjoy a trek in the dark and discover something new with every twist and turn of the trail. Top off your stellar evening by relaxing under the stars.
IncludesGuide Transportation in an air-conditioned van Flashlight Photos
- The tour consists of a 2 km (1.2 m) walk at night on uneven ground that contains trip hazards such as tree roots and rocks so a reasonable level of balance is required Departure times differ according to the season. Please contact the tour provider to arrange pick up time.