My Guide Website?
Rotorua: Waimangu Volcanic Valley Steaming Cliffs Kayak Tour1 Reviews
Explore the geothermal wonders of the Waimangu Volcanic Valley in Rotorua before embarking on a guided kayaking tour along the Steaming Cliffs. Marvel at active geysers and bubbling fumaroles.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Marvel at the spectacular geothermal wonders - fumaroles and steaming cliffs
- Paddle and walk past incredible geysers (depending on lake levels)
- Enjoy a small group fully guided kayak tour in an incredible location
- Take in the beautiful New Zealand scenery and unique geothermal landscape
- Entrance to Waimangu Volcanic Valley & Self Guided Walk and Bus Options included
DescriptionExplore the amazing scenery of Waimangu Volcanic Valley and Lake Rotomahana on this spectacular guided kayaking tour. Watch the steam rise from the steaming cliffs as you are immersed in the wonders of worlds youngest geothermal system. Along the way you will learn the story of this incredible valley as you paddle your way past geothermal features exclusive only to this beautiful part of New Zealand. The tour begins at Waimangu Volcanic Valley, where you will enter the Waimangu Volcanic Valley cafe. Your entry to the park is included and you have the option of completing the self guided walk or alternatively catching the bus/shuttle service down to Lake Rotomahana where you will meet your friendly kayaking guide. Your guide will provide you with all the necessary kayaking equipment including personal flotation devices. Your guide will then brief you on the important safety aspects of the tour before keeping you entertained with a how-to-kayak demonstration. From here you will kayak a short distance before being lost in a Jurassic type world of steaming cliffs and colourful landscapes. Mount Tarawera watches over you nearby from above and the Pink and White terraces lie beneath the water you paddle on buried as the 8th wonder of the world. Your guide will share the story of the valley as you soak it all in before the return paddle to shore and Waimangu valley.
IncludesEntry to Waimangu Volcanic Valley Kayaking guide and kayaking equipment Return bus transfer from the Waimangu Volcanic Valley Cafe to Lake Rotormahana
- Please note that the listed start time is when you need to be at the Lake for the Kayaking portion of the tour. You need to leave ample time to get from Waimangu Volcanic Valley Cafe down to the lake to ensure you arrive in time. Allow at least 4.5 hours of time at the location if opting for the self-guided walk. Allow at least 3.5 hours of time at the location if opting to take the bus. The kayak tour time on the water is approximately 90 minutes. There is the option of going on a self-guided Waimangu Volcanic Valley geothermal walk 2 hours walking before the kayaking tour Pick-up and return transfers are available from Paddle Board Rotorua on special request; however if choosing this option the self-guided walk is may not be available. There is the option to walk the valley on the self-guided walk or utilize the bus service