My Guide Website?
From Rotorua: Lake Taupo & Orakei Korako Geothermal Park1 Reviews
Visit one of the least-known but most spectacular thermal parks, Orakei Korako, which boasts the most active geysers of any geothermal park in New Zealand. Enjoy a short hike in the area and admire the colors, then explore Huka Falls and the Taupo region.
- Discover multiple active geysers, mud pools, and hot springs at Orakei Korako
- Take a 1 to 1.5-hour walk through an untouched geothermal paradise
- Delight in the striking colors of the park
- Visit Huka Falls and the Lake Taupo area
- Benefit from convenient hotel pickup and drop-off in Rotorua
DescriptionGet a fantastic geothermal experience without the thronging crowds with this day trip to Orakei Korako from Rotorua. Discover a geothermal park boasting the most active geysers in New Zealand. After exploring Orakei Korako, visit Huka Falls and the Taupo area. Depart Rotorua after pickup from your hotel between 9 AM-9:15 AM and travel to Orakei Korako. Somewhat off the beaten track, Orakei Korako, also known as the Hidden Valley, is nestled in the Taupo Volcanic Zone between Taupo and Rotorua. After a 45-minute drive to get there, take a short boat ride across the lake then enjoy 2 hours to explore the thermal area featuring up to 23 natural geysers in a constantly changing landscape. Marvel at the number of boiling hot springs and the vibrant colors all around you, or take a native bushwalk through this untouched geothermal paradise. Next, move on to Huka Falls and the Taupo area. Lunch is at your own expense but there are multiple places for you to choose to eat. In Taupo, be guided by your driver and visit the lake front and other interesting sights. Your driver will find out what interests you and, if possible, tailor the day to maximize the stops to suit your interests. Return to Rotorua after Taupo for drop-off at your accommodation between 3:30 PM-4:30 PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off from all locations in or near central Rotorua Admission fee to Orakei Korako Transport Live commentary from your driver
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour runs rain or shine and is not canceled because of weather
- Lunch is not included but there are multiple cafes to dine in or bakeries in Taupo for you to buy food
- Pickup starts from 9 AM; your exact pickup time will be confirmed after booking