My Guide Website?
Kaituna River: 3.5-Hour White Water Sledging Experience13 Reviews
Enjoy a unique holidaying experience with a fun sledging trip on the Kaituna River. You'll be in charge of your own vessel and propelled by the flippers on your feet. Relax under the expert care of your experienced Kiwi guides.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Rotorua:If youʻre booking your trip to Rotorua last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- White Island & Whale Island 1-Hour Volcano Scenic Flight
- Mitai Maori Village: Cultural Experience and Dinner Buffet
- From Tauranga: Skydive over Mount Maunganui
- Rotorua: Guided Zipline Adventure Tour with Photos
- Okere Falls: Zipline over Waterfalls Experience
- Enjoy exploring NZ native scenery taking on the River at eyelevel
- Experience world-class guiding
- Learn about the Maori culture & history of the landscape
DescriptionTry your hand at sledging, a uniquely ‘Kiwi’ activity, on the Kaituna River. The adventure is infused with local Maori culture and no prior experience is required. You can self-drive or benefit from courtesy transport from your door to the relaxing river base situated in the middle of Rotorua's native Kahikatea Forest. You're welcome to make use of the volleyball court or 3D maze located onsite. Receive an in-depth safety briefing on land and clamber into high-quality river gear. It's a quick bus ride to the Okere section of the Kaituna River where you can hone your sledging skills before jumping into the water. Enjoy the native scenery, play holes, and exhilarating rapids as you negotiate your way downriver at eye level. You’re in charge of your own vessel, propelled by the flippers on your feet. Experienced local guides will be nearby to encourage and help where necessary. At the end of your river adventure, jump back on the bus to return to the river base.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Courtesy transport to river base (WiFi onboard) Experienced local Kiwi guides 3.5-hour whitewater sledging experience All river gear and safety equipment (life jackets, wetsuits, booties, splash jackets, and fleeces)
- Changing rooms with lock boxes are available onsite
- Each journey is approximately 3.5-hours from pick-up to drop off. You can self-drive the river base, located 15-minutes from the Rotorua city center
- The minimum age requirement is 13-years
- Go-Pros may be worn on a chest mount subject to the guide's discretion
- There is plenty of free parking available on site
- Bring your swimwear and a towel
- Courtesy transport is available from all central Rotorua accommodation including the Rotorua Information Centre by prior arrangement
- Photos of your experience will be available for purchase per photo or the entire album, either at the river base after your trip or online once you arrive home