My Guide Website?
Waimangu Volcanic Valley Morning Tour55 Reviews
Join a small group tour to visit Waimangu Volcanic Rift Valley from central Rotorua. Discover the area’s hot springs, erupting geysers, mud pools, volcanoes and lush native forest.
- Explore Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and Waimangu Volcanic Valley
- Marvel at Rotorua's incredible geothermal sights like the stunning Lady Knox Geyser
- Make the most of your morning with a half-day tour
- Enjoy a more personal experience on a small group tour with a maximum of 11 guests
DescriptionDiscover Rotorua’s most popular geothermal parks: Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland and Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Join a small-group morning tour capped at 11 guests for a personal experience led by a knowledgeable guide. You will be picked up from your Rotorua accommodation between 8:05 AM and 8:30 AM. Enjoy a 25-minute scenic drive through forestry and farmland before arriving at New Zealand's largest boiling mud pools. Your next stop will be the Waimangu Volcanic Valley. Your guide will explain the Mt Tarawera eruption which blew open this spectacular bush-covered geothermal park. Pause at the Waimangu Volcanic Valley Cafe for lunch at 12:00 PM before being dropped back to your accommodation between 12:30 PM to 1:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transport Driver/guide Small group tour Live commentary Waimangu Thermal Valley admission fee
- A medium level of fitness is required for this activity as you will be walking around the geothermal parks