Rangitaiki Rafting Grade 3-4
Are you a business owner in Rotorua?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Rotorua.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a unique wilderness experience
- Observe both native and plantation forest along a beautiful river valley
- Work as part of a team as you make your way through rocky rapids
DescriptionThe Rangitaiki rafting experience is mostly grade 3 with one grade 4 rapid. The trip consists of fun, bouncy rapids running through a beautiful river valley and features stunning views of both native and plantation forest. The rapids require good team work from the customers, and 15–20 minutes of training will be given before the trip to teach all of the required paddle and safety commands. Practice is carried out on flat water first, before launching fully into the rapids. This trip is suitable for anyone who is physically active and generally around 80% of customers are first-time rafters. Approximately halfway through the trip there is around 15 minutes of flat water, allowing time to relax, enjoy the scenery, chat with your guide and fellow rafters and even have a swim if you wish.
All required specialist equipment and full training
Complimentary transfers from central Rotorua accommodation (1 hour before trip time)
- Minimum age - 10 years old. Children under the age of 13 are subject to the following conditions: - Must be accompanied by an adult - Able to walk one small section near the beginning of the trip (around 150 meters out of the 14 kilometer trip) - Water levels must be below 7.0 on the gauge
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- Guests need to bring a swimsuit and towel. Towel hire is available for a small charge but must be requested in advance
- Timings: - Time on the water 1 hour 45 minutes. Allow 3.5 - 4 hours (excluding travel time) - Travel time from Rotorua 45 minutes, from Taupo 1 hour - Start time 11.30 AM at base (or 10.30 AM leaving Rotorua)
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40 kilograms, maximum 125 kilograms
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Orakei Korako Cave and Thermal ParkTaupo, Rotorua
Explore one of nature's most spectacular geothermal parks, with , geysers, hot springs and pools, lush flora and fauna, amazing silica terraces and a rare geothermal cave...From NZ$39
Hells Gate Geothermal Park and Mud Bath and SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
More than just a place of myth and legend, this land has the power to heal and excite anyone who meets it, just as it has done for centuries. Come and discover New Zealand's most unique geothermal experience.From NZ$25
Tamaki Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Award-winning cultural attraction in Rotorua. See how the Maori live and take part in authentic rituals before enjoying a traditional Maori feast...From NZ$130
Te PuiaRotorua Central, Rotorua
Te Puia features a spectacular geothermal valley and Maori cultural centre, just south of Rotorua. The unique attraction is aducational, interactive, and full of natural ...From NZ$56
Taupo Tandem SkydivingTaupo, Rotorua
Tick a skydive off your bucket list with Taupo Tandem Skydiving! Experience the surreal sensation of freefall as you fly above stunning Lake Taupo with views of snow-capped volcanoes and The Tongariro National Park.From NZ$199.00
Waimangu Volcanic ValleyRotorua Central, Rotorua
Home to the now hidden Pink and White Terraces, the eighth natural wonder of the world, Waimangu immerses visitors in the stories of the Mt Tarawera volcanic eruption, its people, and the resulting dramatic landscape changes that created the world’s youngest geothermal valley.From NZ$42
Polynesian SpaRotorua Central, Rotorua
World-renowned day spa in central Rotorua, the Polynesian Spa caters for everybody and the 'healing' properties of the waters here are well-known.............From NZ$10
Mitai Maori VillageRotorua Central, Rotorua
Experience an entertaining and educational evening learning about Maori culture and tradition at the Mitai Maori Village...From NZ$118
Skyline RotoruaRotorua Central, Rotorua
An iconic fixture of the local landscape, offering amazing gondola rides up the side of Mount Ngongotaha, luge rides, SkySwing and SkyVue cinema. Great for all the family...
Parasail Over Rotorua
Sit back, relax and take in the surrounding scenery as you and a friend lift smoothly off the back of the boat, gliding high in the air over Lake Rotorua. Feel the exhila1 ReviewsFrom NZ$85.00