My Guide Website?
Kaituna River Rafting Grade 516 Reviews
This trip includes the highest commercially rafted waterfall in the world. It is fast and furious – the adrenaline keeps on pumping through the foam and over the awesome 7-metre Tutea Falls. Adventurous beginners are welcome try it too.
- Plunge down the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall
- Be thrilled on major rapids followed by calm water, suitable for adventurous beginners
- Enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Okere Falls Scenic Reserve
DescriptionSituated in the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve the Grade 5 Kaituna River features the world's highest commercially rafted waterfall, the awesome 7m (21ft) Tutea Falls. Although this trip provides full-on action the river is pool drop meaning that every rapid is followed by calm water making it very forgiving for a grade 5 river. Around 15 – 20 minutes of training is provided prior to the trip teaching all the required paddle commands and safety information. Then there is aroun 50 minutes spent having fun in the river rapids. This is serious fun for advanced rafters or even adventurous beginners.
IncludesComplimentary transfers All required specialist equipment
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- Please bring a swimsuit and towel. Towels can be hired for a small charge
- Minimum age is 13 years (conditions apply)
- Recommended minimum weight is 40kg and maximum 125kg